How To Measure Instructions, Videos & Pdfs
It’s Easy to measure your decking area. Follow the simple instructions below or watch our animated videos to learn how.
If you have any further questions, we are only a phone call or email away.
Get the Professionals to do it for you – See our service options here.
Measuring at a Glance
- Always use a metal tape measure.
- Measure width x length.
- Measure each area. There may be slight obsticales or issues that arise
- For odd shapes, break into smaller decks.
- Do not take your measurements from house plans as they will not be accurate.
- If measuring with a partner, make sure they repeat the measurements out loud as they write them down.
- Double check all details are correct before ordering.
Simple Square or Rectangle Deck
– Length x width
One Side Longer Deck
Deck 1 = Length x width
Deck 2 = Length x Width ÷ 2
L – Shape Deck
Deck 1 = Length x Width
Deck 2 = Length x Width
Multi / Odd Shape Deck
Deck 1 – Length x Width
Deck 2 – Length x Width
Deck 3 – Length x Width