Goods means the Decking boards, Swiftdeck Clips or other products manufactured or supplied by SwiftDeck and the subject of the order made by You. You and Your means the person ordering Goods from SwiftDeck.
We or Us or Our means Swiftdeck Pty Ltd whose business is located at 30 Japaddy St, Mordialloc, Victoria Australia 3195.
1. Our Contract
Our online store invites You to buy Goods from Us. A legally binding contract with You will only arise once SwiftDeck has received payment for the Goods in full from You. We shall notify you of acceptance of Your order by e-mail to the e-mail address given by You in the order form.
The Prices shown at Our online store includes the Goods and Services Tax (GST). All Prices shown at Our online store are shown in Australian Dollars (AUD).
3. Right to Cancel or Change Your Order
- 3.1 As Our products are custom made and the manufacturing process will begin after a set period of 48 hours, You are only able to cancel or change Your order by contacting Us the next business day (Monday to Friday) from placing Your order. This excludes Express Decks, which due to the speed of manufacturing, risk being in manufacturing within an hour of an order being placed. These cannot be cancelled or changed.
- 3.2 If a cancellation of the order is required within the 24 hour period of placing the order, an administration fee of $50.00 will be retained to cover time taken for data entry of factory worksheets, tax invoicing, reversal of worksheets and invoices and refunding of monies. The remaining balance will be credited to Your Bank Account or Credit Card within 7 days of notification. Refunded Monies may take a few days to show in Your account after Our electronic transfer, We cannot be held responsible for interbank transfer delays.
- 3.3 You cannot cancel or change Your order if the goods You have ordered are manufactured, measured or custom-made to Your requirements as these Goods will not be resellable to Us. We regret that once YourOrder has been accepted by Us in relation to such Goods and entered on Our manufacturing process, We are unable to accept changes to these Goods or cancellation of Your order. If prior to delivery You do wish to change Your order or cancel it after We have accepted it, please contact Us as soon as possible by email or on Our telephone order helpline and We will try to assist You. Our acceptance of cancellation of Your Order will be subject to retention by Us of a handling charge equal to 40% off the invoice value. The balance of the price paid will be reimbursed to You within 30 days of notification of cancellation by re crediting Your Bank Account or Credit Card.
- 3.4 We receive the right to cancel You Order if: We have insufficient stock to deliver the Goods You have Ordered. You require delivery outside of Australia. One or more of the Goods was listed at the incorrect price due to typographical error or an error in the pricing information made by Us and/or received by Us from Our suppliers. If We do cancel Your Order We will notify You by email and will re credit to Your account any sum deducted by received by Us from Your credit card or Direct Debit as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of Your Order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
4. Stock Shortages
If the Goods or the timber You Order are unavailable We will notify You and suggest a suitable replacement as soon as possible. If Your order is made up of various products and other items from Your order have been manufactured, We will be happy to split the delivery and ship these to You. You cannot cancel the entire order, if other goods have been manufactured, prior to the delayed item notification. You can cancel the delayed portion only of Your order if the period of wait time is unreasonable, and We will organise the shipping of the completed items to You.
5. Product Descriptions and Measurements
The product information and photographs contained within Our online store are provided for illustrative purposes only and We cannot warrant that they are accurate. If You have any doubt as to the precise colour of the product or timber You wish to Order, You are advised to order a sample of the product. Details of how to do this can be found within in Our online store. As the Goods You Order is manufactured according to the measurements You provide in Your Order, it is very important that Your measurements are accurate. We cannot accept the return of Goods due to Your measurements being incorrect. You are advised to read the Guide to Measuring pages within our online store or contact Us for guidance on how to measure correctly. Every attempt will be made by SwiftDeck to ensure that the Goods sold and delivered match in every respect any sample or description shown or given or sent to You, any minor or immaterial variation or change in colour or pattern between the sample or description and the Goods delivered shall not entitle You to reject the Goods nor to claim any compensation for such variation or change. If You have held a sample for a period of time longer than 8 weeks, We recommend that You select new samples for colour matching, as We cannot guarantee the batch will remain the same over this period of time. Timber Samples can vary from each batch and is considered normal due to the nature of the product being a natural timber and We cannot be held responsible for variations to wood grain and colour. Colour names for timber finishes, do not relate to exact matches to timbers. We reserve the right to change the Goods, in the Endeavour to improve the manufacturing, parts or to alleviate stock delays on parts. At no time will the Goods be downgraded in quality from the description. Please be aware that if You are ordering custom made Goods from measurements taken from a house plan, We cannot be held responsible if the measurements on the building plans vary, from the Actual completed window measurement.
6. Delivering Your Goods
SwiftDeck will deliver Your Goods to the address You have provided on the order form for delivery*. We will immediately despatch the order upon completion. We will follow this up with an Order Status update email for You to retrieve details on ETA’s. Deliveries are Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm. SwiftDeck use outside Freight companies to deliver Your orders and cannot be held responsible for any delays that may occur once the Goods have left Our premises.
Whilst We shall use Our reasonable endeavours to meet the delivery date specified on Your Order confirmation, We can only go by the date given to Us by the Freight Company. SwiftDeck highly recommends that You take out the optional Delivery Insurance offered at Our checkout. SwiftDeck will not be held responsible for Goods that You receive damaged in transport or lost if they have not been insured.
*If you live on a dirt road in a country area, we can not guarantee that the freight forwarder will deliver to your home and you may need to collect from their despatch centre. It will depend on the type of truck being used by the on-forwarder and the load they are carrying at the time. SwiftDeck unfortunatley do not have any control over this process. Please contact us, so we can ask the freight company to confirm delivery first.
7. Defective Goods Swift
Deck offer a 7 year warranty on SwiftDeck Decking System. Please read our full Warranty Policy located at our website for further details. All warranty claims will require the supply of information and photographs for initial assessment and prior to any repair or remake as per the Consumer Guarantee guidelines.
No statement, description, or recommendation contained in any catalogue, price list, advertisement, communication, and the pages of this online store or by any employee or agent of SwiftDeck shall be interpreted so as to enlarge, vary or override in any way any of these terms and conditions.
9. Events Beyond our Control
We shall have no liability to You for any failure to deliver Goods You have ordered or for any delay in doing so or for any change of the specified delivery date or for any damage or defect to Goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond Our reasonable control including, without limitation, third party default, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
*If you live on a dirt road in a country area, we can not guarantee that the freight forwarder will deliver to your home and you may need to collect from their despatch centre. It will depend on the type of truck being used by the on-forwarder and the load they are carrying at the time. SwiftDeck unfortunatley do not have any control over this process. Please contact us prior to placing your order, so we can contact the freight company to confirm delivery first.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which We exclude our liability to You) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
We do not sell, trade or rent Your personal information to others. However, We do use other companies and individuals to perform services on Our behalf, such as company and product research, delivering packages, sending mail and emails and processing payments. They will have access to Your personal information needed to perform these services, but We will not authorise them to use Your information for other purposes.
12. Consumer Guarantee
SwiftDeck have a duty to provide You with the product You ordered. If a part is missing or incomplete, We will replace it as quickly as possible in accordance with the Consumer Guarantee. A refund will only be given if We can not replace or repair the item.
SwiftDeck will not be responsible for any installation charges that You have incurred that are outside a standard installation charge quoted by our installers. A reasonable claim of compensation will only be acknowledged that is in line with a the fee that our installers will charge to reinstall the product.